Welcome to the USDAC's HI-LI Database.
"HI-LI" stands for High-Impact Low-Infrastructure. We're interested in finding and highlighting HI-LI models for building creative community that are:
- Participatory. We highlight projects that are open to a general public, participatory, and do not require special expertise to take part.
- Replicable. Every Citizen Artist brings a personal touch to any project model. But for this Database we seek ideas and projects with a fundamental structure that can translate across sites.
- Volunteer-Friendly. It shouldn't take paid staff to make these projects happen. Any motivated individual or group should be able to take a highlighted project and run with it.
- Low-cost. Projects need not be cost-free, but all should be feasible without major organizational support or backing. We suggest a $500 cap and are especially interested in models that cost nothing or close to it. Projects should be free or donation/sliding-scale for anyone taking part.
- Bridge-building. Highlighted project models should have the potential to bring together different groups and communities.
Have an idea to share? Submit it here.