A few months ago the USDAC put out a call for groups of Citizen Artists to form local Outposts committed to enacting USDAC values in their community. It’s our pleasure to introduce the newest Outposts to join our national network. These dynamic groups are situated in rural communities, urban centers, and college towns. They champion issues ranging from equal representation in the arts to creating space for artistic action based in love and care, to holding dialogue for community transformation, and much more.
Here they are! The USDAC is pleased to welcome these 10 new Outposts to the network:
- Denver, CO Creative Action Collaborative – A Denver USDAC Outpost
- Burlington, VT Burlington USDAC Outpost
- Baltimore, MD East Baltimore Outpost for Arts, Culture and Liberation
- Berkeley, CA Berkeley City College Community Arts Outpost
- Tuscaloosa, AL Black Warrior Arts Response, a USDAC Outpost
- Saginaw, MI Saginaw Community Arts Outpost
- Twin Cities, MN Twin Cities Arts Frontier USDAC Outpost
- Saint Louis, MO OutpoSTL - St. Louis Metro Area
- Spokane, WA The Spokane Arts & Transformation Outpost
- Mattapan, MA OutPost Naponsett Nibi
You can check out all twenty-two of our Outposts here. If there’s one near you, click the link and sign up to receive news about local activities and opportunities for engagement and collaboration. If you’re interested in forming a new Outpost, stay tuned: we’ll be issuing another call for Outpost applications in the fall.
As always, reach out to us with any questions or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.