I do hereby join with the United States Department of Arts & Culture in asserting that:
- access to culture is a fundamental human right;
- culture is created by all and thus should represent all;
- cultural diversity is a social good and the wellspring of free expression;
- a deep investment in creativity is critical to cultivating empathy and social imagination; and
- art and artists are powerful forces for accomplishing social change and strengthening social fabric.
I willingly take on the role and responsibility of Citizen Artist and pledge to all others affirming these values my creativity, integrity, and commitment to cultivate the public interest in art and culture and catalyze art and culture in the public interest.